Managing an Illness
Whether you’re managing a known chronic condition or coping with a new diagnosis, coordinating the right resources and assistance can seem overwhelming. However, you can rest a little easier knowing your Adobe benefits can guide you toward helpful medical care.
Expert medical help
Adobe connects you to insights from expert doctors across the country through your local doctor so you can stay close to and in your own home. This gives you greater peace of mind when managing an illness. Conveniently provided by phone or online, services are available to benefits-eligible US employees at no cost to you.
If you or an eligible family member has been diagnosed with cancer, contact AccessHope—part of the nationally renowned cancer center, City of Hope. For all other medical diagnoses, contact Teladoc Medical Experts, which connects you to more than 53,000 of the world’s best doctors.
Contact AccessHope for:
- Expert advice–You can request that AccessHope’s team of experts reviews your medical records and evaluates your treatment plan. They’ll collaborate with your local treating physician to share groundbreaking insights and recommendations on advanced therapies to identify the best path forward for your treatment. For Adobe Aetna members with certain complex and rare cancers, AccessHope automatically works to review medical records and treatment plans to help ensure you are receiving the best care possible.
- Cancer support services–AccessHope’s team of experienced oncology nurses are available by phone for appointment details, treatment information, or emotional support.
To learn more visit connect.myaccesshope.org or contact AccessHope at 833-971-4673.
Contact Teladoc Medical Experts for:
- Expert second opinions–Teladoc Medical Experts will collect your medical records, tests, and samples, and have them reviewed by an expert physician who specializes in your condition. The expert will either confirm your diagnosis and treatment plan or recommend a change—giving you the peace of mind you deserve.
- Critical care support–Call on Teladoc Medical Experts for guidance if you experience a medical event that requires emergency treatment, intensive care, or an extended hospital stay.
- Asking the expert–Get fast answers to your medical questions.
- Locating a best doctor–Find a Teladoc Medical Expert who is close to you.
- Medical records eSummary–Have all of your medical records collected, organized, and provided to you on a secure flash drive for future doctor visits. You’ll also receive a personal Health Alert Summary based on the records collected, giving you a total snapshot of your medical wellness.
Eligibility: AccessHope is available to benefits-eligible US employees and to their spouse/DP and children under age 26. Teladoc Medical Experts is available to benefits-eligible US. employees and to their spouse/DP, children, siblings, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, grandparents-in-law, and grandchildren.
Confirming a diagnosis
Getting an unexpected medical diagnosis is scary but knowing what you’re dealing with can inform and empower you to face the situation head on. Your Adobe benefits support you and your care team through:
- Covered specialist visits and lab tests recommended by your primary doctor. Understand your plan’s coverage to prepare you for treatment costs.
- AccessHope and Teladoc Medical Experts can help you understand your diagnosis and evaluate your treatment plan. If you’re facing a cancer diagnosis, contact AccessHope starting January 1, 2021 (call 833-971-4673 or visit connect.myaccesshope.org). For other serious medical situations, contact Teladoc Medical Experts (call 800-835-2362 or visit teladoc.com/medical-experts to get started
Eligibility: AccessHope is available to regular, benefits-eligible employees and their spouse/DP and children under age 26. Teladoc Medical Experts is available to benefits-eligible US. employees and to their spouse/DP, children, siblings, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, grandparents-in-law, and grandchildren.
Creating a treatment plan
Adobe covers many of the treatments, services and doctor’s visits you’ll need, depending on your medical plan. It’s important to have upfront conversations with your providers about what’s covered and what’s cost-effective so you can create an effective treatment strategy.
However, creating a successful treatment plan involves more than figuring out dollars and deductibles. As you deal with your illness, Adobe benefits can help you:
- Find quality care and compare providers. You can contact Teladoc Medical Experts. They’ll search for a renowned expert voted “best in class” by their fellow doctors and let you know if one is nearby.
- If you’re facing a cancer diagnosis, starting January 1, 2021, have AccessHope’s team of experts review your medical records and evaluate your treatment plan. They will collaborate with your local treating physician to share groundbreaking insights and recommendations on advanced therapies to identify the best path forward for your treatment. For certain complex and rare cancers, AccessHope works with the health plan (Aetna members only) to automatically review medical records and treatment plans to help ensure you are receiving the best care possible.
- Take sick time away from work. If you need to take off more than 7 calendar days, you can request a leave of absence. Discuss your treatment plan with your doctor, then talk to your manager about your need for time off.
You’re not in it alone. Adobe offers services to support you while you’re managing an illness:
- Your Aetna health concierge [PDF] can help you better understand—and make the most of—your health and wellness benefits.
- An Aetna nurse care manager [PDF] can help with the challenges of facing a serious medical condition. You’ll have one-on-one help and support from a trained nurse to better understand your condition(s), follow your doctor’s recommended treatment regimen, stay on track with medications and help you navigate and coordinate your care. You get a single point of contact for numerous conditions, ranging from diabetes and osteoporosis, to heart disease and cancer and for acute issues such as surgeries and injuries. If you would benefit from the program, a nurse may be in touch to invite you to participate. Take the call—it’s confidential and free! Learn more and join on your own on the Aetna website (SSO) or by calling your Health Concierge at the number on your Aetna ID card.
- Beginning in January 2021, Adobe is partnering with AccessHope, an innovative new cancer support service. AccessHope provides cutting-edge cancer expertise and access to one of the premier cancer hospitals in the country. It offers a cancer support line and expert advisory review and insights at no cost to you.
- CareCounsel can assist you with plan selection, healthcare education, claims and billing—troubleshooting any issues if required. Services are available to all regular employees—even if not enrolled in Adobe’s medical plans—at no cost to you. Call 833-605-6941 to speak with a member care specialist.
- Various emotional wellbeing programs provide confidential support services to you and your family to help cope with a diagnosis, grief and loss, treatment impact or the stress of caring for a loved one.