Wellness reimbursement programme
Effective in 2024, you can be reimbursed for expenses related to financial wellbeing, pet care, and emergency preparedness.
We want to help you and your family maintain a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle. To support you in this effort, we will reimburse you up to ₹48,883 in 2023 for eligible services and activities that directly relate to your wellbeing. Don’t get stuck in the same old routine. Try a new programme on us!
You are eligible to participate in the programme if you are a regular Adobe employee, which includes part-time employees who work the minimum hours required to be eligible for benefits. To be reimbursed, you must be employed by Adobe when you incur the eligible expenses and when you request reimbursement.
New employees, regardless of hire date, are eligible to receive the full annual wellness reimbursement amount.
In India, expenses incurred by your spouse, domestic partner, children, or dependent parents are also eligible.
You can be reimbursed up to ₹48,883 in 2023. This amount is considered taxable income for employees unless not required by local tax rules.
The amount Adobe will reimburse may increase or decrease each year, based on the currency exchange rate with the U.S. dollar. The reimbursement limit is set each December for the following year.
The wellness reimbursement benefit does not roll over to the following year. You forfeit any amount you do not use by the end of the year.
The following is a complete list of products and services that are eligible for the wellness reimbursement programme. Adobe may update this list at any time.
- Classes and sessions: Yoga, aerobics, Zumba, Pilates, spin, martial arts, meditation, pranic healing, kickboxing, dance, nutritional or dietician classes from wellness experts, weight management, JumpstartMD, karate, tae kwon do, music, archery, boxing, cricket, CrossFit, horseback riding, ice skating, skating passes, mental wellness classes (art of living, etc.), and other similar fitness classes
- Activities: Skydiving, bungee jumping, paragliding, parasailing, scuba diving, snorkelling, Flying Fox, Giant Swing, river rafting, zip line, sea walking, bowling, and similar activities
- Memberships: Gym membership, initiation fees, registration fees for all sports or marathons or 5K, health centre fees, bikeshare, tennis or swim clubs, rock climbing, ski lift tickets, skate park, annual membership to shuttle badminton club, sports complex, trekking fees, hiking fees
You can submit the cost for a multiple-year gym membership for reimbursement over multiple years.
- Therapeutic massages: Ayurvedic, aromatherapy, Swedish massages, etc.
- Subscriptions: Fitness apps, meditation apps, online personal trainers, personal dietician, Zumba instructor fees
- Art classes: Pottery, painting, or related
- Art material: Paints, brushes, canvas, or related
- Exercise DVDs or activities: Wii Fit, health apps, fitness videos, online exercise programmes, or similar
- Bicycles: Electric or regular
- Fitness trackers: Apple iWatch, Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin vívofit, Oximeter, or similar wearable
- Massagers: Foam rollers, hand/foot/leg massagers, or massage pads
- Gym or fitness equipment: Treadmills, dumbbells, sand weights, Morning Walker, yoga mats and blocks
- Purifiers and humidifiers: Air purifier, water purifier, humidifier, masks, oxygen condenser, UV sanitisers, face shields
- Indoor games: Carrom, chess, dart board and darts, foosball table, pool table, table tennis table, snooker or billiards que and chalk, and other indoor games
- Musical instruments
- Sport shoes: For polo, football, skates, badminton, running, water, etc.
- Sport equipment: Golf kit, tennis kit, cricket stumps and bails, football, archery, badminton racquets and shuttlecocks, balls, boxing gloves, bicycle, Poparazzi, skates, skipping rope, hula hoop, swimming equipment (goggles, cap, fins, toe spreader), trekking (backpack, boots, poles, walking sticks, tents), hiking (boots, rucksacks), hydra packs, TT Robots; does not include clothes and cricket gloves
- Ergonomic items: Specialised keyboards, arm braces, support cushions for chairs, lumbar support for chairs, wristbands, knee braces, desk equipment, computer monitor stands, wrist support; does not include furniture (desks, chairs, mattresses, etc.)
- Vaccines: Influenza and COVID-19 vaccination jabs
- Pet care (new in 2024): Grooming, training, pet sitting, exercise classes, toys (excludes medical and food-related expenses)
- Financial planning services (new in 2024): Financial advisors, tax preparation services, tax consultations
- Emergency preparedness (new in 2024): Fire extinguishers, flashlights, thermal blankets, power generators (excludes medical and food-related expenses)
- Approved tests related to COVID-19: Negative COVID-19 test, seasonal influenza, RT-PCR, chest CT (tomography) for COVID-19 diagnosis; medical expenses (e.g., medications, doctor’s visits, blood panels, etc.) not defined under “Vaccines” or “Approved tests” are not eligible for reimbursement
Notes related to COVID-19
- The additional items that have been added to this list related to COVID-19 are to support employees during this critical time. Adobe reserves the right to make changes at any time.
- Negative COVID-19 tests from an authorised hospital or testing centre can be claimed under the wellness reimbursement programme. Submit only the test payment receipt (not your medical results), and use the drop-down Flu Vaccines.
- Positive COVID-19 cases—either hospitalised or home quarantine—must adhere to the insurer’s guidelines for claiming reimbursement. Visit Medi Assist > Policy > Policy Details > GMC Policy Terms and Conditions.
- Activities and items for children: Online learning tools or classes to support extracurricular activities, books (non-academic), online subscriptions (e.g., language apps), apps (e.g., audible), activity kits, art supplies, crafts, painting, dance
- Activities and hobbies and associated items: Gardening and woodworking essentials, celestial telescope, knitting supplies, calligraphy, photography, cooking and baking classes and tutorials, or related
How to claim your reimbursement
Follow these steps to file a claim through My Adobe Benefits:
- Log in to My Adobe Benefits.
- Select Reimbursements.
- Select Make a Claim and benefit period (year).
- For Type of Claim, select Wellness Reimbursement.
- Upload and attach scanned receipts.
- Complete the required fields, and select Next/Submit.
Reimbursement will be issued through Payroll after you submit all receipts and your claim is approved. Claims submitted by the last Tuesday of the month, and completely approved before the 5th of the subsequent month, are paid in the same month’s payroll cycle. Otherwise reimbursement will be paid in the following month’s pay cycle.
- Your receipt or proof of payment must show the date you paid and the eligible wellness activity or product.
- Handwritten receipts or receipts for cash payments are not acceptable.
- Items purchased outside your home country are eligible. Your receipt amount must be converted to local currency.
- If your qualifying item costs more than the reimbursement amount, you can submit your receipt and request reimbursement up to the allowed amount.
- If an item is cancelled or returned after you receive reimbursement, the funds can be applied to another eligible wellness item, or you must return the funds to Adobe.
Reimbursement claim deadline
You must submit your claim request and receipts by midnight local time on 30 December of the current calendar year. You may file for reimbursement of paid expenses after 30 December, but they will be reimbursed against the next calendar year’s benefit.
Looking for another country?
If you need information about the wellness reimbursement programme for a country that does not have a site on benefits.adobe.com, refer to the wellness reimbursement policy.
Adobe reserves the right to interpret plan rules, to make changes to the plan, or to withdraw from this plan at any time, subject to applicable legal requirements.