If you are ill or injured and unable to work, know you can take time off. The length of time available to you and the amount of pay you receive is determined on a case-by-case basis. Work with your manager and medical provider to determine the length of time you need to be away from work.
Pay is distributed through Social Security, subject to their review and approval of your medical leave request. The amount paid is limited by the Social Security cap called “salario de cotizacion.”
These are the steps to request your medical and sick leave:
- Notify your manager about your planned absence
- Notify Social Security immediately once you start your leave
- Send your Social Security case/process number, along with a copy of your doctor’s statement, to your local payroll representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org and to the Employee Experience Team
- Request your leave via Workday
- In Workday, navigate to Time Off and Leave > Request Leave of Absence
- Enter your first day of your leave and your estimated last day of leave
- Select “Medical Leave” from the list of choices
Returning from leave
When you’re ready to return from leave, request your return from leave through Workday using Workday> Time Off and Leave > Request Return from Leave of Absence.