Planning your dream vacation? Ready to finally write that novel? Enjoy extended time off with pay after you’ve been employed by Adobe for a number of years.
How much time off can I take?
Adobe follows the statutory LSL regulations for each state.
New South Wales
Employees are entitled to take LSL after 10 years of continuous service. The amount accrued is:
- Two months (8.67 weeks) of leave after your first 10 years.
- An additional one month of leave for every five years after the first 10 years.
As per the Long Service Leave Act 2018, effective 1 November 2018, Victorian employees are entitled to take leave after seven years of continuous service. The amount accrued is:
- 1/60th the period of employment (note, this is effectively the same accrual rate as for NSW)
For example, an employee who has worked for seven continuous years with the same employer would be entitled to take 6.1 weeks of leave at that time.
- Long service leave should be taken as soon as possible after your hire date anniversary.
- Adobe can require you to take the leave by giving you one month’s notice in New South Wales or three months’ notice in Victoria.
- Generally in New South Wales, time off for your long service leave must be taken in a single period. If you wish to take your long service leave in a smaller block, the minimum time off period is 4 weeks. The NSW long service leave act has been temporarily amended until 31 March 2022 to allow an employee to take long service leave in increments as little as one day. Please submit a case via the Support Centre if you wish to do so.
- If you transferred in or out of Australia to / from Canada, India, Japan or U.S. prior to 1 September 2019, please submit a case via the Support Centre regarding your LSL and sabbatical eligibility.
Submit your leave request through Workday.