Taking time away from work—whether for business, pleasure, health or family needs, or some other occasion—requires careful planning. Just as there are all different types of life situations, there are different leave options.
Family leave includes: maternity, partner, childcare, and adoption leave. Here’s what you should do:
- Please share the news of your expanding family with your manager and the ERC team by submitting a case, so that they can support you through this time in your life. Keep your manager updated on your doctor or court visits so that work can be allocated accordingly.
- Correctly record your family leave in Workday before you go on leave. If changes are made while you are on leave, inform your manager and the ERC, and make sure that the changes are recorded correctly in Workday when you return to work.
- One week before the end of your leave, request to return to work to ensure that you are paid correctly and so that the Employee Resource Centre can approve your return in Workday.
- Each family leave has specific steps that must be followed to ensure both Company and Statutory elements are covered. For more information, please refer to the Romania Family Leave Policy [PDF] and the Romania Family Leave FAQs [PDF].
Adobe provides up to 126 days of paid maternity leave, which will be paid at 100%. At least 42 days must be taken after your child’s birth. Social Security pays 85% of your salary, and Adobe pays the remaining portion. There is no impact to your pay or benefits while on maternity leave. However, for private medical and dental insurance, the tax on benefit in kind will be applied during your leave.
Submit your request for maternity leave in Workday (see instructions).
Adobe provides 16 weeks of partner leave paid at 100% of your monthly salary (i.e. base salary) to eligible employees (fathers and adoptive parents). Adobe partner leave includes the statutory paternity leave (five or 15 days) and can be taken in one block within six months after the birth or adoption of the child. There is no impact to your pay or benefits while on partner leave. However, for private medical and dental insurance, the tax on benefit in kind will be applied during your leave.
Submit your request for partner leave in Workday (see instructions).
Both parents have the right to choose to stay home until their child is two years old. Either parent can apply for statutory childcare leave at one time. This time away is paid by state indemnity for childcare.
Adobe will top up the pay for the employee giving birth, who takes extended childcare leave for the first eight consecutive weeks of statutory childcare leave. The top-up pay will be offered up to a maximum daily amount of 15% of employee’s daily base salary for a total of eight weeks to the birth parent who is taking extended childcare leave and will be paid out on the last payroll before the employee starts this type of leave.
You will maintain the same private medical and dental insurance while on childcare leave, with no affect on coverage. However, the tax on benefit in kind will be applied once you return from leave. All other benefits besides your medical benefits will be suspended and will resume upon return from leave.
Submit your request for childcare leave (including the enhanced childcare leave) in Workday (see instructions). One week before the end of your leave, request to return to work in Workday (see instructions) to ensure you are paid correctly and the Employee Resource Center approves your return.
Statutory adoption leave is available for up to one year, starting with the day after the date on which the court ruling on granting custody of the child to the adoptive parent for the purpose of adoption is enforced (Adoption Date). Statutory adoption leave is paid by the government.
There is no impact to your medical benefits (private medical and dental insurance) while on adoption leave. However, the tax on benefits in kind will be applied once you return from leave and all other benefits will be suspended and will resume upon return from leave.
Submit your request for adoption leave in Workday (see instructions).
One week before the end of your adoption leave, request to return to work in Workday (see instructions). NOTE: This action is needed to ensure that you are paid correctly and for the Employee Resource Center to approve your return in Workday.
Family leave FAQs
What happens to my benefits while I’m on family leave (maternity, partner and unpaid parental leave)?
Your benefits may be affected during family leave. For more information please refer to EMEA Rewards impact during a leave of absence [PDF].
You may also opt out of or in to the medical and dental plan and or add any previously eligible but uncovered dependants.
What happens if one of my child(ren) passes away?
If your child is under the age of 18, you can take up to four weeks of leave paid at base salary in line with our bereavement benefit. If the child dies during birth, during maternity or paternity leave, or after 24 weeks of pregnancy, the parent is entitled to the full primary or non-primary carer leave and pay.
How are my commissions calculated, if I am a commissionable employee, during paid family leave (i.e., maternity, paternity, and adoption leave)?
While on approved family leaves of more than 30 consecutive days, you will be eligible for up to 100% of your TTC (Total Target Compensation) to the extent provided by the applicable Family Leave Policy [PDF]. For full details on sales commission, please refer to the Sales Compensation Plan terms and conditions and the Sales LOA FAQ at WWFO Sales Compensation and Territory Site.
How is my AIP calculated, if I am a non-sales employee, during family leave?
For non-sales employees, the AIP bonus is unaffected for 182 days under Adobe’s current practice. The AIP bonus will be prorated from 183 days onward. Please review the AIP policy for details. You must be on Inside Adobe to review the policy.
Bonus payment for the birth of a child
Adobe provides employees a bonus for the birth of each child. The bonus is equal to 20 000 lei for employees working at Adobe in Romania. If both parents work for Adobe, only one parent is entitled to receive the bonus.
Special reasons leave
Adobe offers additional paid time off for the following leaves. Be sure to get your manager’s approval for the leave prior to entering your request in Workday.
- Marriage leave: Five paid days immediately before or after your own wedding or the wedding of your child. Adobe does not require a marriage certificate but reserves the right to solicit back documentation for audit purposes if needed (see instructions).
- Study exam leave: Five paid days per calendar year to prepare for exams for any course approved under the education reimbursement programme or other job-related course, with manager approval.
- Blood donation leave: One paid day on the day you donate. Please send a copy of your donation certificate by submitting a case via the Support Centre.
- Religious (other than Orthodox) time off: Six paid days every year to take around the major holidays celebrated in your religion. You will need to provide a certificate of your belonging to a religion other than Orthodox.
- Family carer’s leave: Five paid days (tax-free) per calendar year to provide care or personal support to a relative (spouse or common-law partner, parents, and children) or to an individual living in the same household with you (the employee) and who needs care as a result of a severe medical problem. Please send a copy of your supporting document by submitting a case via the Support Centre.
- Special absence leave: Ten paid business days per calendar year to attend to a family emergency, illness, or an accident. With manager approval, employees are required to recover in full of the absence period.
Unpaid personal leave
If you want to take time away from Adobe for personal reasons, you may request an unpaid personal leave. The time away must be discussed with and approved by your manager and Employee Experience. If your request for personal leave is granted, you can take from one to three months of unpaid leave (up to 6 months with manager approval).
You’re eligible for this leave if you’ve worked at Adobe for more than 12 months, you’re in good standing with the company, business conditions can accommodate your request, you have exhausted your accrued paid time off balance, and there is no other time off plan you can leverage.
Paid day in lieu
You can take a paid day in lieu of travelling for business on a non-working day or weekend. You must take the day in lieu within one month of your business trip. Talk to your manager prior to your business trip about taking the paid day in lieu to ensure that they approve the trip, including the non-working day, and the paid day in lieu.
Employees and managers should discuss and agree on any requests for special leave, trying to be as flexible as possible, while continuing to meet business needs. Once the leave is approved, the employee should enter the days off in Workday, and the manager should confirm.
Submit your request for paid day in lieu in Workday (see instructions).