If you are ill or injured and unable to work, Adobe has benefits to protect you and minimize your financial worries. We provide income replacement for medical disabilities, including pregnancy disability and post-partum recovery, through Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD).
The insurance carrier and claims administrator is Great-West Life. Refer to the Great-West Life Benefits Booklet, the governing policy document for plan details, including eligibility, coverage amounts and claim information. If there are variations between the information on the website and the provisions of the policy, the policy will prevail.
STD and LTD benefits are based on you pre-disability pay. For purposes of these benefits, here is how pay is determined:
- For non-commissioned employees: Eligible pay for STD and LTD benefits is defined as your normal, pre-disability base pay. It does not include bonus payments, overtime or other additional compensation.
- For commissioned employees: Eligible pay for STD and LTD benefits is defined as your pre-disability total target compensation (“TTC”). It does not include bonus payments, overtime or other additional compensation.
You're automatically covered for STD if you’re a full-time employee. Enroll through the Adobe Benefits Enrollment Site for LTD and submit any additional forms or documents required to complete your enrollment when requested by Great-West Life or the enrollment administrator.
Short-Term Disability (STD) provides income replacement if you become unable to work due to a medical disability. Your first week of disability is paid through your sick time. STD benefits begin to pay on the eighth calendar day of your disability:
- Days 1–7: 100% through sick time
- Days 8–37: 100% salary replacement through STD
- Days 38–120: 66 ⅔% salary replacement through STD
Please note: Adobe pays the full cost of your STD coverage; therefore any STD benefits you receive will be taxable income.
If you are unable to work due to a medical disability for more than 120 days, Long-Term Disability (LTD) takes over and begins to pay on your 121st day of disability:
- 66 ⅔% salary replacement of the first $2,500 of your monthly earnings
- Plus 50% of the next $2,000 of your monthly earnings
- Plus 45% of the remainder of your monthly earnings, up to a maximum of $10,000
Any amount of insurance more than $8,500 is subject to evidence of insurability, which means you may need to provide medical information to the insurance provider before you’re approved for the higher coverage amount.
When your Adobe-sponsored health coverage ends, and you may be eligible for enhanced health care called Plan Direct. To verify eligibility or set up coverage, please contact PDAssure (a subsidiary of Great-West Life) at 800-565-4066 or email@example.com. For more information, visit www.myinsuranceplan.ca.