Learn about the excellent coverage you receive from Adobe’s medical and dental plans. Healthcare is a big part of your total rewards, and we want to help you get the most out of it.
With your health and wellbeing in mind, Adobe has partnered with AIA to provide you and your family with access to hospital and surgical, major medical, outpatient clinical, outpatient specialist consultation and maternity benefits.
Hospital and surgical
The group hospital and surgical plan is a medical insurance plan that reimburses the expenses incurred as a result of hospitalisation and day surgery. Through this insurance plan, you can protect yourself against exorbitant and escalating hospital bills.
This plan covers the following key hospital expenses:
- Accommodation charges during hospital confinement for up to a maximum of 120 days
- ICU charges during a hospital confinement for up to a maximum of 30 days
- Miscellaneous expenses incurred for items and services such as implants, use of operating theatre, drugs and medicine
- In-hospital doctors’ attendance fees, up to a maximum of 120 days
- Surgeon's fee, subject to surgical schedule for admission in private hospitals
- Pre- and post-hospitalisation specialists' consultation, diagnostic X-ray and lab expenses incurred 90 days prior to admission and 90 days after discharge
- Emergency outpatient treatment due to an accident, provided that treatment is sought within 24 hours of the accident
Schedule limitations and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Singapore Group Hospital and Surgical Insurance Summary [PDF] for the full range of coverage and schedule of benefits.
The major medical plan will pay 80% of eligible expenses in excess of the amount payable under group hospital and surgical coverage, up to $S60,000 per disability.
Schedule limitations and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Singapore Supplementary Major Medical Insurance Summary [PDF] for the full range of coverage and schedule of benefits.
Group clinical consultation pays for the clinical outpatient consultation fee, medication, basic outpatient lab tests, and plain and contrast X-rays when you visit a general practitioner or a hospital’s A&E department in Singapore.
Schedule limitations and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Singapore Group Outpatient Clinical and Specialist Consultation Summary [PDF] for the full range of coverage and schedule of benefits.
Outpatient specialist consultation
The group outpatient specialist benefit and X-ray/lab test benefit cover outpatient specialist expenses incurred, as long as they don’t result in hospitalisation or surgery.
Always remember to visit a general practitioner to get a referral letter before visiting a specialist. Schedule limitations and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Singapore Group Outpatient Clinical and Specialist Consultation Summary [PDF] for the full range of coverage and schedule of benefits.
The maternity insurance provides coverage for maternity expenses incurred during the confinement in a hospital and the pre- and postnatal period.
Schedule limitations and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Maternity Product Summary [PDF] for the full range of coverage and schedule of benefits.
How to submit a claim
Dental insurance provided by AIA covers preventive treatments (checkups, scale and polish), and remedial treatments (fillings, extractions and repair of dentures). Please refer to the Dental Product Summary [PDF] for the full range of coverage and schedule of benefits.
- If you are visiting an AIA appointed dentist, expenses are as charged and on a cashless basis upon presentation of your dental card.
- If you are visiting non-AIA appointed dentists, please refer to the sub-limits set out in the schedule of benefits in the Product Summary [PDF].
- In addition to the insured dental coverage, Adobe reimburses you any dental expense that is not covered by AIA. Visit Preventive Care Allowance to learn more.
How to submit a claim
There are two ways to submit dental claims:
- All insurance claims can be submitted online through AIA Benefits Portal within 20 days from the date the claim was incurred. Refer to the enrolment page for the login information.
- For non-insured dental claims, please visit Preventive Care Allowance to learn more.
AIA have partnered with WhiteCoat to deliver Telehealth services to Adobe regular employees and their dependents registered with AIA. This app-based service allows you to see a GP every day of the week (including weekends and public holidays) with minimal wait time and from the comfort of your home. These consulations are free and unlimited under the Adobe AIA plan. For further information, please refer to the Singapore Telehealth [PDF] document.
Monthly Insurance Support Sessions
Every month we host a Singapore insurance support session to support our employees. These sessions are on the last Wednesday of every month, from 2-4pm. The first hour of the session is specific to new hires and employees who want a “refresh” of the AIA insurance policy, and the last hour is dedicated for a Q&A. If you have not received these invitations, please submit a request via the Support Centre.
Preventive Care Allowance
The Preventive Care Allowance is provided to full-time permanent employees and covers up to S$1,000 each calendar year for the following expenses:
- Preventive eye exam, prescribed glasses/lens, contacts
- Preventive health screening, including blood test and X-ray
- Dental costs not covered by AIA
Please note that the following services and expenses are not covered: cosmetic surgery, laser surgery, eye surgery that requires specialist care, contact solution, sunglasses and examinations to treat specific illnesses.
The Preventive Care Allowance is for employees only; it cannot be used to cover costs for your dependants.
Please do not use your corporate card for the expense. To get reimbursed, log in to My Adobe Benefits, and follow the instructions on the site.