Planning your dream vacation? Ready to finally write that novel? Adobe offers a sabbatical program to give you extended time to relax and pursue leisure activities.
How much time off can I take?
- Receive 15 working days after five years of continuous service and every five years after that.
- If you are transferred in and out of Japan or from another sabbatical country, please refer to the LSL and Sabbatical eligibility guidelines [PDF].
How it works
Japan regular employees who have completed at least 5 years of continuous employment.
How do I find my sabbatical date?
To see when you’re eligible for your sabbatical and how many days you’re eligible for, log in to the leave tracking tool.
How long do I have to take it?
You must take your sabbatical within 2 years of becoming eligible, and it must be taken as one continuous period.
How often can I take it?
You can take one sabbatical every 5 years.
Planning for your sabbatical
To ensure your work group is prepared for your absence, obtain approval from your manager at least 60 to 90 days in advance.
Submit your request for a Sabbatical via the leave tracking tool.
Effects on pay and benefits
- All of your benefits will continue as if you are actively at work.
- You will be paid at your regular salary. If you are an employee on a commission plan and/or are participating in the AIP, you will be paid as if you are actively at work.
- Retirement vesting will not be affected.
Your sabbatical will be extended if Adobe-paid breaks and holidays fall during your time away.