Adobe believes in enabling and supporting its employees during all the critical milestones in the employee lifecycle. This section provides all the relevant information and resources needed for planning a smooth transition in the retirement phase.
On this page, you will learn about Adobe’s retirement policy.
This policy applies to all regular full-time and part-time employees of Adobe India attaining the retirement age of 60 years.*
*The actual date of relieving from the services of the Company due to retirement shall be on the closing hours of the Company’s last working day of that calendar month in which the retiring employee’s 60th birthday falls (as defined by proof of age/birth document submitted at the time of joining).
Phase 1: Notice of retirement to the business
- ERC to initiate the process by notifying the retiring employees’ manager/BU Leader/HRBP 1 year in advance from the date of impending retirement.
- Manager to drive the transition plan at least 6 months in advance of the retirement date in partnership with BU Leader while keeping the HRBP informed.
- In case of any change in the retirement date due to business-critical reasons, the Business should inform ERC within 3 months from the date of notification sent to the Business.
Phase 2 - Notice of retirement to the employee
- ERC to notify the retiring employee 6 months in advance from the date of impending retirement marking the manager and HRBP.
Phase 3 - Initiation of exit formalities
- ERC to contact the manager 3 months in advance of the retirement date for exit related formalities.
- ERC to conduct a 1:1 meeting with the retiring employee 3 months in advance of the retirement date to explain the exit formalities and other processes.
Phase 4 - Retirement closure
- ERC to connect with the retiring employee on the retirement date for final closure and handing over the exit letter.
- Final settlement and retirement benefits will be payable as per applicability within 30 days or as per prevalent legislation and guidelines at the time of retirement.
For any additional questions, we encourage you to contact the Employee Resource Centre by dialing 800-208-9444 or 6-HELP (64357) internally and follow the prompts for ERC, or email email@example.com or submit a case via Support Centre.
Managing Adobe benefits after you retire
Adobe values and appreciates the contributions every employee makes to the company. When you retire, we want to honor that contribution by helping you adjust to this new chapter in life. See the table below for information on managing your Adobe benefits in retirement.
|Adobe benefit||What you need to know||What you need to do|
|Health and welfare benefits, retirement & savings plans and equity compensation programs, long-term care insurance, life insurance||In general, your participation ends in all programs when you retire, but some benefits have continuation options.||Take actions as indicated in the 2023 Exiting Employee Information [PDF] overview.|
|Creative Cloud Lifetime Membership**||To qualify for a free lifetime membership, you must have a minimum of 15 years of service at Adobe and be age 50 or older.||Email CompExt@adobe.com and cc: ERC@adobe.com at least one week before your last day at Adobe. Include your anniversary date, last day of work and personal email address.|
|Request matching grants for your donations in June and December||To qualify, you must have a minimum of 15 years of service at Adobe and be age 50 or older.||Review and submit this form to request matching grants and email the Employee Resource Center with questions.|
|Software Purchase Program***||To qualify, you must have a minimum of 15 years of service at Adobe, be age 50 or older, and your retirement date is after January 1, 2021.||Visit the KP website to browse the available software options. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.|
** Retirees prior to 1/1/2023 are subject to the prior program rules requiring 25+ years of service plus age 50+ upon retirement.
*** Retirees 1/1/2021-12/31/2022 are subject to the prior program rules requiring 25+ years of service plus age 50+ upon retirement.