Start with Veer
The Veer digital experience is set up to help you plan for your leave or sabbatical time off.
Planning your dream vacation? Ready to write a novel? Adobe offers a sabbatical programme to give you extended time to relax and pursue leisure activities.
How it works
- Who's eligible? India employees who have completed at least 5 years of continuous employment.
- How long? You must take and complete your sabbatical within 2 years of becoming eligible, and it must be taken as one continuous period.
- How often? You can take one sabbatical every 5 years.
The length of your sabbatical is determined by how long you’ve been employed with Adobe:
|Years of employment||Length of sabbatical|
|Every 5 years thereafter||6 weeks|
Planning for your sabbatical
If you’re considering requesting a leave of absence or sabbatical, here are the steps you should take:
- Visit the Veer digital experience to get a personalized timeline, financial plan and to-do list for your leave.
- Talk to your manager about your interest in taking a leave. You should obtain approval from your manager 60 days in advance to ensure your work group is prepared for your absence. You can use additional time off to extend your sabbatical with your managers approval.
- Once you’re ready to file for a leave, submit all leave requests through Workday (SSO).
Effects on pay and benefits
All of your benefits will continue as if you are actively at work.
You will be paid at your regular salary. If you are an employee on a commission plan and/or are participating in the AIP, you will be paid as if you are actively at work.
Equity vesting will not be affected.
Your sabbatical will be extended by the amount of Adobe-paid breaks and holidays that fall during your time away.