Saving for the future takes focus and planning. When it comes to achieving financial security, set-it-and-forget-it is not an option. Whatever your ultimate retirement goals are—lots of travel, starting a new business, doting on your loved ones—take full advantage of your benefits to help you get there.
Adobe matches your contributions to the Provident Fund, up to 12% of your basic salary. You’ll fill out an enrollment form on your first day of work.
Here are a few forms you may need to complete for various needs—complete online:
If you’re looking to transfer your provident fund from a previous employer, follow these step-by-step instructions.
Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
In appreciation of your service to Adobe, all employees who have worked at least 4 years and 180 days at Adobe will receive additional money on their last paycheck. The amount of this extra money—called “gratuity”—is 15 days of wages for every year of service.
National Pension System
National Pension System (NPS) is a pension-cum-investment scheme launched by the Government of India to provide old-age security and pension benefits to all citizens of India. It brings an attractive long-term savings avenue to help you effectively plan your retirement through safe and regulated market-based returns. The scheme is regulated by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
Under the NPS corporate model, you get the following tax benefits on your contributions to your NPS account:
- Investment of up to 10% of your basic salary routed through Adobe is deductible from your taxable income u/s 80CCD (2) of Income Tax Act, 1961, which is over and above Rs. 1.5 lakhs limit of section 80C.
- Investment of up to Rs. 50,000 made as an individual is deductible from your taxable income u/s 80CCD (1B) of Income Tax Act, 1961.
How to enroll
To enroll, follow these steps:
- Visit the National Pension System Trust site and enroll in NPS.
- New NPS account: Complete the subscriber registration form.
- Existing NPS Account: Complete the Subscriber Shifting Form (ISS-1) and submit it to an HDFC Bank representative at your campus.
- Declare your contribution on Excelity.
- Once the PRAN has been generated, you can declare your contribution percentage (up to 10% of your basic salary) on Excelity. The portal will be open for declaration during the first 10 days of the month in November 2019, December 2019 and January 2020.
- The contributions will be effective starting with the November 2019 payroll. Each month, the same percentage of your salary will be deducted as a contribution towards NPS. The deduction will be made from the conveyance allowance, which is otherwise a taxable component of your salary.
- HDFC will charge Rs. 75/- (+ 18% GST) as a one-time account-opening charge. There will be a charge of 0.10% of the contribution amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 20/- per transaction. If you already have an NPS account, there will be no account-opening charge.
For more detailed instructions, review the NPS Enrollment Steps [PDF].
For queries about NPS, email HDFC.
Note: NPS helpdesk setup will not be available. You can submit an Inter Sector Shifting (ISS - 1) form in the mailroom at your respective premises on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Forms will be authorized by Nodal Officer (Adobe) and shared with the HDFC team for further processing.