Saving for the future takes focus and planning. When it comes to achieving financial security, set-it-and-forget-it is not an option. Whatever your ultimate retirement goals are—lots of travel, starting a new business, doting on your loved ones—take full advantage of your benefits to help you get there.
Adobe matches your contributions to the Provident Fund, up to 12% of your basic salary. You’ll fill out an enrolment form on your first day of work.
Adobe is migrating the Provident Fund services to the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), in line with the provisions under the Employees’ Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
By taking this step, you would easily keep track and manage your PF contributions directly with the EPFO. The management of PF accumulation records and processing of benefits would be governed by EPFO through their regional office at RPFC Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
The entire process of migration of existing PF funds would take around 24 months. During this transition period (starting July 1, 2021), there will be a temporary freeze for PF claims & transfer of PF, which will impact the below services:
- For active employees: Processing of non-refundable loan
- For inactive employees: PF Withdrawals (in case of non-employment of 60 days) and transfer of PF accumulations to new employer (post separation from Adobe)
- Non availability of updated PF balance at EPFO Unified Portal till the time PF trust accumulations are posted in employees PF Account by PF authorities.
- This will not result in a change in the rate of PF contributions (12% of basic salary); however, the interest rate would be accrued in accordance with the Ministry of Labor, Government of India rates.
- In case you want to submit a non-refundable loan request (if any) as per eligibility defined under PF Trust Deed & Rules, please do so latest by June 15, 2021 post which no new requests will be accepted
For further questions, please write to email@example.com.
Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
In appreciation of your service to Adobe, all employees who have worked at least 4 years and 180 days at Adobe will receive additional money on their last pay cheque. The amount of this extra money—called “gratuity”—is 15 days of wages for every year of service.
National Pension System
National Pension System (NPS) is a pension-cum-investment scheme launched by the Government of India to provide old-age security and pension benefits to all citizens of India. It brings an attractive long-term savings avenue to help you effectively plan your retirement through safe and regulated market-based returns. The scheme is regulated by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
Under the NPS corporate model, you get the following tax benefits on your contributions to your NPS account:
- Investment of up to 10% of your basic salary routed through Adobe is deductible from your taxable income u/s 80CCD (2) of Income Tax Act, 1961, which is over and above Rs. 1.5 lakhs limit of section 80C.
- Investment of up to Rs. 50,000 made as an individual is deductible from your taxable income u/s 80CCD (1B) of Income Tax Act, 1961.
How to enrol
To enrol, follow these steps:
- Visit the National Pension System Trust site and enrol in NPS.
- New NPS account: Complete the subscriber registration form.
- Existing NPS Account: Complete the Subscriber Shifting Form (ISS-1) and submit it to an HDFC Bank representative at your campus.
- Declare your contribution on Excelity.
- Once the PRAN has been generated, you can declare your contribution percentage (up to 10% of your basic salary) on Excelity. The portal will be open for declaration during the first 10 days of the month in November 2019, December 2019 and January 2020.
- The contributions will be effective starting with the November 2019 payroll. Each month, the same percentage of your salary will be deducted as a contribution towards NPS. The deduction will be made from the conveyance allowance, which is otherwise a taxable component of your salary.
- HDFC will charge Rs. 75/- (+ 18% GST) as a one-time account-opening charge. There will be a charge of 0.10% of the contribution amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 20/- per transaction. If you already have an NPS account, there will be no account-opening charge.
For more detailed instructions, review the NPS Enrolment Steps [PDF].
For queries about NPS, email HDFC.
Note: NPS helpdesk setup will not be available. You can submit an Inter Sector Shifting (ISS - 1) form in the mailroom at your respective premises on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Forms will be authorised by Nodal Officer (Adobe) and shared with the HDFC team for further processing.