During the current coronavirus outbreak, Adobe benefits are here to support you and your family.
Notify the GSOC
If you or anyone in your household has been exposed to COVID-19, or if you are showing signs of illness consistent with COVID-19 symptoms, please report your circumstances to the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) at +1-408-536-4444 or email@example.com. Also inform your manager if you are unable to work. You do not need to share any detailed health information with your manager or others aside from the GSOC.
Get care as needed
If you’re concerned that you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed, contact your health care provider prior to going to a medical facility or office. Calling ahead will help you get the most appropriate care and take precautions to protect others.
There is no cost for COVID-19 testing and care. If a doctor determines you should be tested for COVID-19, the cost of the diagnostic test and doctor visit will be covered in full for Aetna and Kaiser members. Through December 31, Aetna and Kaiser members will receive required COVID-19 treatment with no deductible, coinsurance or copay.
- Aetna members: For care and advice, call your primary care physician. Log in to the Aetna website (Okta SSO) or Aetna app to find a network provider, urgent care, hospital, ER or lab. You can also schedule a video visit with a doctor through Teladoc.com/Aetna at any time, seven days a week.
- Kaiser members: Call the advice number on your Kaiser membership card to discuss the most appropriate care option or to schedule a telephone or video appointment with your doctor where available.
Use the COVID-19 time-off benefit
Effective May 7 through December 31, 2020, Adobe is offering a new paid time off benefit for employees who can’t work due to COVID-19. This new benefit supplements Adobe’s existing time off benefits. All global regular employees, interns and Adobe-paid temporary employees are eligible. To learn more, review the COVID-19 Time Off Policy [PDF].
Take time off for reasons unrelated to COVID-19
If you need time off due to reasons unrelated to COVID-19, including vacation/holiday, please leverage your available time off benefits (sick time, paid time off, leave of absence or bereavement) and any government or statutory leave. To review your time off benefits, visit the Time off page, or contact the ERC for assistance.
With telemedicine and other services at your disposal, there are many ways to get the care you need.
Even when you can’t visit a doctor in person, you can still get care for many health concerns. Aetna members can get care without leaving home through Teladoc or another in-network provider offering telemedicine visits. Many of Kaiser’s primary care, specialty care and mental health services are available for appointments by video or phone in addition to in person.
Skip the pharmacy
Take advantage of mail-order service for maintenance medications to have your prescriptions safely delivered to your home. To get started, log in to your health plan’s member website or call member services.
Call your primary care physician if you need advice and care—many have set up alternative ways to stay in touch with their patients. You may also call the 24-hour Aetna nurse line at 800-556-1555 or the Kaiser 24-hour Appointment and Advice call center at 866-454-8855 (CA) or 800-297-6877 (WA). A doctor or nurse will provide guidance and make recommendations for next steps.
Visit a MinuteClinic (Aetna members)
Convenient MinuteClinic locations inside CVS and Target stores provide walk-in care for minor illnesses and injuries.
Access One Medical online
One Medical members may use the Treat Me Now or COVID-19 digital health features to share symptoms, and then have a provider follow up with a response. You may also continue to use 24/7 video consults, phone and provider messaging services.
It’s understandable to experience stress or anxiety because of significant changes to familiar routines. These resources can help.
Connect with the EAP
If you want to talk to someone about your concerns, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is here for you and your family members. You can access 10 free, virtual counseling sessions per incident, per year. Just call 800-884-9565 to get started.
Text a Talkspace counselor
With Talkspace, you can connect with a counselor anytime, using your smartphone. Use Talkspace as part of your 10 free EAP sessions per issue, and connect with a counselor through text messaging up to five days a week for up to 10 weeks.
Use Teladoc for video visits (Aetna members)
Teladoc offers video sessions with a psychiatrist or psychologist. Through September 2020, there will be no cost to Adobe Aetna plan members for behavioral health visits with Teladoc or other in-network providers who offer behavioral health telemedicine.
Try Headspace meditation
Dedicating a few minutes a day to meditation can help you be more resilient to life’s stressors. Visit the Headspace meditation app for guided meditations and exercises to help you manage stress, anxiety and uncertainty.
Get support through AbleTo (Aetna members)
The therapists and behavioral coaches at AbleTo are experts at helping people adjust to stressful life changes. Through September 2020, there’s no cost to Aetna members for the AbleTo program or other Aetna behavioral health telemedicine visits.
Use the myStrength app (Kaiser members)
The myStrength app offers a personalized program with in-the-moment coping tools, guided self-care, inspirational resources, and more at no cost to you.
Use the Calm app (Kaiser members)
Ease into a healthy state of mind with help from Calm, a meditation and sleep app. With Calm, you can build resilience and mental fitness by trying guided meditations, self-care programs taught by world-renowned experts, bedtime stories narrated by celebrity guests, mindful movement videos and more—at no cost to you.
With so much to think about these days, don’t let money concerns add to your stress. Keep your perspective by checking out these resources.
Talk to a money coach
Adobe offers unlimited free money coaching for employees and their families. These one-on-one phone sessions are confidential and conducted with certified financial planners, tax experts, and family law and estate planning specialists. Discuss subjects like debt, credit, spending, mortgages, loans, taxes, retirement, investing and more. Schedule online by registering/logging in to adobe.mysecureadvantage.com or call My Secure Advantage at 888-724-2326.
View a webinar
- Financial Best Practices in Uncertain Times (My Secure Advantage)
- Financial Impacts of COVID-19 (My Secure Advantage)
Find additional resources
- Stock Market Corrections & Your Investment Strategy [PDF] (My Secure Advantage)
- Financial Resources for Health Emergencies [PDF] (My Secure Advantage)
- Your Income & COVID-19 [PDF] (My Secure Advantage)
- Market Volatility & You (Vanguard)
- What Should I Do If the Markets Drop? (Vanguard)
- Student Loan Relief, Interest Waivers & More
- MetLife Disaster Relief Plan [PDF] – expert legal help available to all Adobe employees, even if you’re not currently enrolled in MetLaw legal insurance
Change your FSA contribution
If your dependent care costs have changed, you may be able to start, stop or change contributions to a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Understand retirement plan rules
The CARES Act includes provisions affecting retirement plans for those impacted by COVID-19—if you contracted COVID-19, your spouse or dependents contracted it, or you lost your job or income because of the quarantine.
- Relief for paying back loans. If you have a 401(k) loan and are impacted by COVID-19, you may suspend your loan payments for up to one year.
- Withdrawals available. Special withdrawals will be permitted from your 401(k) if you are impacted by COVID-19.
- Required minimum distributions (RMDs) waived for 2020. If you turned age 70½ in 2019 or earlier, you are not required to take an RMD from a retirement plan or an IRA in 2020 (even if you were not impacted by COVID-19).
For additional information, contact Vanguard at 800-523-1188.
Get backup care for children or adults
If care is not available through the Bright Horizons backup care program, you will be offered the option to secure care from your personal network (e.g., a neighbor, friend or babysitter) and receive a reimbursement of $100 per day. More details about out-of-network care will be provided during the reservation process.
Register with Bright Horizons today (employer username: ASI; employer password: Benefits4You), and complete your care profile now so you’re prepared to reserve care when you need it.
Support your student’s education
Learn how your student can make the most of their time at home and stay on track for college admissions success with expert education assistance from a Bright Horizons College Coach. Visit the College Coach portal to access online resources, submit a quick question, or schedule a one-on-one expert guidance session.
- Tips for staying productive while home from school
- Updates on saving and paying for college in a market downturn
- Appealing financial aid packages if your financial situation has changed
- Strategies for navigating standardized testing as test dates are cancelled or postponed
- Recorded webinars:
- Supporting Elementary School Home Learning Transition
- Managing Your Money in Periods of Uncertainty
- Making the Final Decision: Recorded Q&A
Visit the College Coach Portal to get started (Employer Username: ASI; password: Benefits4You).
Questions? Call 888-527-3550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.