Your Adobe benefits cover medically necessary services for gender-affirming care, so you can be healthy and thrive as your true self.
The gender-affirming benefits brochure [PDF] explains your plan coverage, preapproval requirements, and related resources.
Get started by calling Aetna.
- Nurse care manager: Call 860-900-2796 to speak with a nurse care manager trained in gender-affirming care. They can answer medical questions, discuss your treatment plan, help with approvals, and find providers in your area.
- Service advocate: Call 800-884-9565 for answers to general questions about covered services.
These are examples of covered services:
- Lab services
- Hormone therapy
- Gender-affirming surgery, including mastectomy with chest reconstruction and gender-affirming chest surgery
- Preoperative and postoperative exams and treatment for medical complications
- Hair removal (electrolysis or laser)
- Nongenital, nonbreast surgical interventions:
- Liposuction and lipofilling
- Pectoral implants
- Facial feminization surgery
- Voice surgery and thyroid cartilage reduction
- Gluteal augmentation
- Hair reconstruction
- Voice and communication therapy to develop verbal and nonverbal communication skills
Transgender and gender-affirming benefits are based on the standards of care for the health of transgender and gender diverse people, published by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
To find in-network gender-affirming surgeons, log in to the Aetna website (or SSO), and go to the Member Resources section. If you don’t see a surgeon near you, contact your Aetna nurse care manager, or call the Aetna Service Advocate for help at 800-884-9565.
Access to out-of-state care
Adobe’s plans are designed to offer consistent access to care and resources, regardless of the state where you live. The Aetna medical plans cover gender-affirming services and will reimburse travel expenses (subject to IRS limits) for an employee or covered dependent who must travel 100 miles or more to a state that can provide these services.
Kaiser’s gender-affirming specialist care teams consist of clinicians from multiple disciplines and departments who provide coordinated, personalized, and comprehensive care and support in a safe and welcoming environment.
Call Kaiser to begin your journey:
- Northern California: 510-752-7149
- Southern California: 323-857-3818
- Washington: 888-245-900
Other benefits support
If you’re gender nonconforming, nonbinary, or on the transgender continuum, talk with your doctor about the care and screenings that are appropriate for you.
You also may find these Adobe benefits helpful: