Adobe and our partners offer the full spectrum of support for your mental health.
If you or a family member is coping with anxiety, depression, grief, substance use, or an eating disorder, jump to a section below to learn how you can get help by using your Adobe benefits.
Get immediate help 24/7
You and your family can get help anytime by calling the Spring Health crisis support line (toll free):
Spring Health employee assistance program for everyone
When you’re struggling, you don’t have to go through it alone. Adobe has partnered with Spring Health to offer the employee assistance program (EAP) at no cost to you.
Whether you want someone to point you in the right direction or a partner to go along with you on the journey, your first stop should be a Spring Health Care Navigator, who can direct you to the support you need.
The EAP provides you, your spouse or domestic partner, and your dependents with easy access to confidential, short-term counseling services and additional work-life resources. You don’t have to be enrolled in an Adobe medical plan to use the EAP.
Here’s a brief overview of what you can expect:
What happens when you contact the EAP
Visit Spring Health to activate your benefits. After a brief assessment, you’ll be assigned a dedicated Care Navigator who will act as your single point of contact.
Your Care Navigator will recommend EAP resources or guide you to the appropriate EAP benefits, including 1:1 counseling or other treatment options, as appropriate.
Adobe covers the cost of your, your spouse’s or domestic partner’s, and your dependents’ first 10 sessions each calendar year. After that, sessions are covered according to the terms of your medical plan. If you’re enrolled in an Aetna medical plan, your Care Navigator can help you find an in-network provider, which will save you money: You’ll have a lower deductible to meet, and your plan will pay a larger share of the cost than if you go out-of-network. Be sure to provide your insurance information to your Care Navigator, or upload it on the Spring Health platform by clicking on your name and then Settings.
Enrolling Dependents in the EAP
You can set up therapy sessions online for dependents ages 6 and up by creating a Spring Health account for each dependent. Once the dependent account is created, you can schedule a call with a Care Navigator for assistance, or you can search for a therapist on the website and book an appointment.
If you already have an account with Spring Health, simply sign in and add your dependents by going to the Things to Do section on your home screen.
Read the family care guide [PDF], or watch a short video to learn more about enrolling dependents.
Your EAP benefits
The EAP provides a variety of tools and services to help you feel your best.
- Help when you need it most. Connect with a licensed mental health professional immediately by calling the 24/7 Spring Health crisis support line: 855-629-0554 (toll free).
- Personalized recommendations. Take assessments to identify the right care for your needs, learn more about yourself, and track your progress.
- Dedicated support. Receive guidance along your journey from your dedicated Care Navigator, which includes matching you with a therapist and scheduling appointments.
- Therapy. Book sessions with trusted providers, at times that fit your schedule. Adobe covers the cost of your, your spouse’s or domestic partner’s, and your dependents’ first 10 sessions each calendar year. After the 10th session, you’re responsible for any costs not covered by your medical plan.
- Coaching. Receive tips for managing stress and increasing focus.
- Mobile app. Support your mental fitness on the go, with on-demand exercises for meditation, better sleep, and more via the Spring Health mobile app.
- Medication management. Get personalized treatment, and minimize the trial-and-error process of medication with Spring Health’s clinically validated algorithms.
- Work-life services. Access services to help you navigate life’s challenges, from legal guidance to financial planning. Access code: adobe
Aetna mental health benefits
Your Adobe Aetna medical plan covers a full range of outpatient and inpatient support and treatment options through Aetna behavioral health. Mental health services are covered according to your plan: After you meet your deductible, the plan pays 80% or 90% of the cost for in-network care, and 60% or 70% of recognized charges for out-of-network care.
If you find your own provider, remember that there could be a big difference in cost if you go out-of-network. You’ll have a higher deductible, and you’ll need to pay a higher percentage of the cost. Plus, if an out-of-network provider charges more than the usual, customary, and reasonable (UCR) maximum, you’ll be responsible for any amount over the UCR cost.
Aetna provides members comprehensive coverage and a variety of ways to access care, including:
- Virtual care, or telehealth, which encompasses talking to someone by phone, video, chat, or text
- Outpatient care, such as talking to a therapist in person or participating in a program that doesn’t require overnight stays
- Inpatient care, which is when you stay at a facility to receive care
To learn more about the support available to you, visit the Aetna member website, and select Mental Health Support & Services under Member Resources. You can also review the Aetna Behavioral Health Resources [PDF] or Aetna Support for Inpatient Behavioral Health Care [PDF].
Confused by your options?
For help understanding what’s right for you, call to speak with an Aetna behavioral health care navigator.800-884-9565
If you want to talk to someone by phone, video, chat, or text message, the following options are available to Aetna members. You can reach out to any of these partners directly.
Brightline support for children and families
Aetna members can access Brightline, which provides behavioral, speech, and language therapy and medication management for children 18 months to 17 years old. Brightline’s digital platform, Connect, provides on-the-go access to personalized content, group classes, interactive exercises, and coaching.
Brightline appointments are covered in-network through your Aetna medical plan, subject to your deductible and coinsurance. (Brightline benefits are in addition to the 10 free counseling sessions offered as part of the Spring Health EAP for ages 6 and up.)
To learn more, visit Brightline or view the Brightline flyer [PDF]. If you have questions, call member support at 888-224-7332, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teladoc video sessions
As an Aetna member, you can use Teladoc video behavioral health to get support for anxiety, eating disorders, depression, family issues, and more. Teladoc sessions [PDF] are covered according to your Aetna medical plan—i.e., after you meet your deductible, the plan pays 80% or 90% of the cost:
- Psychiatrist (initial visit): $190 per session
- Psychiatrist (ongoing visit): $95 per session
- Psychologist, licensed clinical social worker, counselor, or therapist: $85 per session
Get started at Teladoc, or call 855-835-2362.
AbleTo support program
If you’re struggling with a health condition, a stressful life change, or with emotions like worry, confusion, or anger, you can get support from a therapist and a behavioral coach through AbleTo [PDF].
AbleTo, an eight-week program tailored to your schedule and specific needs, connects you to support via phone or video. After you meet your annual deductible, your Aetna health plan pays 100% of the program cost.
AbleTo has helped people overcome the stress related to many of life’s challenges, including:
- Grief and loss
- Depression, anxiety, or panic
- Caregiving (child, elder, or autism)
- Illness (e.g., diabetes, cancer, heart disease, digestive health)
- Alcohol or substance abuse
- Postpartum recovery
- Chronic pain
If you are interested in participating, tell your Aetna case manager (if you’re working with one), visit AbleTo, or call 844-422-5386. An AbleTo staff member can answer your questions and determine whether the program will meet your needs.
Additional virtual mental health options
The availability of virtual mental health care is changing rapidly, as more providers are developing systems for delivering telehealth services. Aetna is working to expand the network of providers available to members, but, because the network is growing so quickly, you may not find all providers through Aetna’s online search tools.
For the latest information on in-network virtual mental health providers, review the telemedicine services brochure [PDF]. It lists Aetna’s national and regional partner networks for:
- General counseling and psychiatry
- Specialized substance use treatment
- Specialized mental health care, including services for children or elders
The brochure includes phone numbers and website information, so you can reach out directly to providers that are available in your state.
If you prefer to see providers in person, you have access to:
- Face-to-face outpatient general counseling, psychology, and psychiatry visits
- Medication management support
- Outpatient counseling services focused on substance use issues
Log in to the Aetna website (SSO) to search for doctors in the Aetna Choice POS II Network (or Utah Connected Network, if you’re in Utah). If you work with a Spring Health Care Navigator, be sure to ask for providers in the Aetna network, and give your insurance information to the provider.
If you or a covered dependent needs to stay in a facility to receive care, you have access to inpatient care [PDF] through high-quality behavioral health facilities, including:
- Detoxification centers
- Residential treatment
- Partial hospitalization
Log in to the Aetna website (SSO) to search facilities in the Aetna Choice POS II Network (or Utah Connected Network, if you’re in Utah). Remember, your plan pays more when you use in-network providers, and they will work with Aetna to preapprove services.
If you need to access mental health or substance use benefits through your Aetna medical plan, and you need help finding the right network provider or facility, contact the Aetna Concierge at 800-884-9565. They can look up providers for you or connect you with a behavioral health specialist who can advise on Aetna’s many virtual mental health programs and help guide you to other in-network outpatient or inpatient care.
Kaiser mental health benefits
Kaiser Permanente members can access convenient care and resources.
Find Your Words program
Your Kaiser plan’s mental health services include assessment, treatment, and support for a variety of mental, emotional, and substance use conditions, including anxiety, stress, depression, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and sleep problems. To learn more about mental health conditions and resilience, visit Find Your Words.
Outpatient and inpatient care
Kaiser Member Services can help you access care. Call 800-464-4000 in California or 888-901-4636 in Washington. Or visit the Adobe Kaiser microsite to learn more.
For most mental health services, you’ll pay a copayment.
- Individual outpatient mental health evaluation and treatment: $20
- Group outpatient mental health treatment: $10
- Inpatient psychiatric hospitalization: $100
- Substance use disorder: $20 for individual outpatient evaluation and treatment
- Substance use disorder: $5 for group outpatient substance use disorder treatment (for Washington members, group visits are covered in full)
- Inpatient detoxification: $100
Apps for Kaiser members
myStrength: This app offers a personalized program with in-the-moment coping tools, guided self-care, inspirational resources, and more.
Calm: This meditation and sleep app eases you into a healthy state of mind. With Calm, you can build resilience and mental fitness by trying guided meditations, self-care programs taught by world-renowned experts, bedtime stories narrated by celebrity guests, mindful movement videos, and more.
Ginger: This app allows you to text with an emotional support coach 24/7 for up to 90 days to discuss goals, share challenges, and create an action plan.
To obtain myStrength, Calm, or Ginger at no cost, you must access the apps through your Kaiser member portal.