Better care doesn't have to be expensive. We offer several resources to help Aetna members find the right care for yourself and your family.
If you have a health concern, let Best Doctors help you locate an in-network expert doctor near you or get a second opinion from a medical expert in their global database—which includes more than 53,000 medical experts in more than 450 specialties—at no cost to you.
Best Doctors is available to benefits-eligible employees (even if not enrolled in Adobe’s medical plans) and to their family members (spouse, children, siblings, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, grandparents-in-law and grandchildren).
Contact Best Doctors at 866-904-0910 or visit members.bestdoctors.com.
Castlight (SSO) is an innovative online health care tool that helps you and your family shop for health care like you would for other purchases. It's available to Aetna members at no cost to you. Search by a number of factors, like price, quality, distance—even user reviews!
With Castlight, you can:
- Find in-network doctors and medical services in your area based on price range and patients’ reviews.
- See personalized cost estimates before you go to the doctor that take into account your health plan and whether you've met your deductible.
- Review step-by-step explanations of past medical spending so you know how much you paid and why.
- Receive recommendations about ways to save money and find high-quality care.
- Get estimates on medicines, options and ways to save.
Save time, money and hassle with virtual visits through Teladoc. If you’re an Aetna member, you can chat with a licensed doctor or therapist from anywhere, and have a prescription sent to your local pharmacy when needed. Appointments can be done by web, phone or via the Teladoc mobile app. No long wait times. No waiting rooms full of sick people.
Before you run out to the ER, urgent care or your dermatologist’s or therapist’s office, consider if a Teladoc visit [PDF] makes more sense. Teladoc may be a better choice if you:
- Have a minor health issue, such as the flu, allergies, a sinus infection, rash, sore throat, etc.
- Need treatment of ongoing or complex skin issues, such as psoriasis, eczema, acne, etc.
- Need support for anxiety, eating disorders, depression or family issues
You’ll pay significantly less [PDF] toward your deductible or coinsurance when you use Teladoc instead of seeing a clinician in person:
- General medical visits cost $40
- Dermatology visits cost $75
- Behavioral health visits vary from $80 to $160 a session, depending on the type of provider
Compare that to an in-person doctor visit, which can cost you nearly $130, or an emergency room visit, which can set you back a whopping $1,456, according to the aggregate Adobe Teladoc utilization report, January 2016.
You can also request an expert opinion from Best Doctors through the Teladoc portal.
Get started by calling 855-TEL-ADOC (855-835-2362) or visiting Teladoc.com/Aetna.
MinuteClinics are walk-in medical clinics staffed by nurse practitioners and physician assistants who specialize in family health care, and they are a great alternative when you need quick care for minor illnesses. Just show your Aetna medical ID card when you check in.
Walk-in clinics provide:
- Care for minor injuries and illnesses like cold symptoms, pink eye, urinary tract or bladder infections, a sore throat and much more
- Common vaccinations for flu, pneumonia, pertussis and hepatitis, among others
- Wellness services
- Travel health
Go to minuteclinic.com to learn more about the available services and find a clinic near you.
One Medical has reinvented the doctor’s office—making it convenient, comfortable and stress-free with nearly 40 offices nationwide and 24/7 virtual care. Their team of experienced health care providers offers full-spectrum primary care—from allergies and dermatological issues to physical exams and stress management. Here are a few of the advantages of One Medical:
- Make same- or next-day appointments
- In-network with Aetna
- Convenient and easy access to preventive and basic care
- Email your doctor between visits
- Get care 24/7 by phone or via the One Medical mobile app—at no cost
Employees, spouses and domestic partners who live in San Francisco, San Jose, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Phoenix, New York and Washington, D.C., are eligible for this membership benefit. View Adobe-specific registration details [PDF].
Save when you use in-network providers
By using health care providers in your plan’s network, you can take advantage of the significant discounts Aetna has negotiated with them. This can help lower your out-of-pocket costs for medically necessary care. In addition, network providers do more than just save you money—they save you time. They file claims and get any necessary advance approvals, so you don’t have to.
The next time you need care, log in to Castlight (SSO) or your Aetna account (SSO) and find a provider in the Aetna Choice POS II network (or Utah Connected Network if you’re a Utah-based employee) to get the most value from your medical plan.
Save by using Aetna doctors
As an Aetna member, you have freedom to see any provider you wish. When you go to an in-network doctor, however, you save in three ways:
- Network doctors charge lower, negotiated rates for Aetna members—like you and your family. If you go outside the network for care, your plan may not pay the full amount of the charges submitted by the doctor, and you may be responsible for paying the remaining balance [PDF]—and that additional amount you pay does not count toward your out-of-pocket maximum.
- Your deductible is lower. You will pay less out of your pocket for covered nonpreventive health care services before the plan starts to pay.
- You benefit from your plan’s higher level of coverage. In most cases, the plan picks up 90% of the cost for in-network care versus 70% of recognized charges for out-of-network care (or 80% versus 60% depending on your plan). You also have a much lower annual out-of-pocket maximum when you stay in-network.
Save by using Aexcel specialists
Aexcel specialists are doctors who meet standards for clinical quality and efficiency. For example, these high-performing doctors:
- Show lower complication rates for their patients during hospital stays
- Use treatments shown to help improve outcomes
- Get recognition in health care quality and safety
You can choose doctors in 12 specialties:
- Cardiology (heart and blood)
- Cardiothoracic (heart and chest) surgery
- Gastroenterology (digestive system)
- General surgery
- Neurology (nervous system)
- Neurosurgery (spinal column, spinal cord, brain and nerves)
- Obstetrics and gynecology (pregnancy and women’s reproductive system)
- Orthopedics (bones and joints)
- Otolaryngology (ENT — ear, nose, throat; head and neck)
- Plastic surgery (cosmetic)
- Urology (urinary tract and urogenital system)
- Vascular (vein and artery) surgery