Planning your dream vacation? Ready to finally write that novel? Adobe offers a sabbatical program to give you extended time to relax, recharge and reenergize. If you'd like to spend part of your sabbatical volunteering, the Corporate Responsibility team can help you find an opportunity.
How it works
- Who's eligible? Regular U.S. employees who have completed at least five years of continuous employment and are scheduled to work at least 24 hours a week.
- How do I find my sabbatical date? To see when you are eligible for your sabbatical and the length of your sabbatical (in days), log in to Workday, select the "Personal Information" worklet and then select "About me > Time Off > Sabbatical Eligibility."
- How long to take it? You must complete taking your sabbatical within two years of becoming eligible, and it must be taken as one continuous period.
- What's my sabbatical length? The length of your sabbatical is determined by how long you've been employed with Adobe:
|Years of Employment
|Length of Sabbatical
|4 weeks (20 business days)
|5 weeks (25 business days)
|6 weeks (30 business days)
|Every 5 years thereafter
|6 weeks (30 business days)
- When am I eligible for my next sabbatical? Your hire date will be used as a basis for determining the first five years of service, with any service adjustments that apply. After you earn your first sabbatical, eligibility for subsequent sabbaticals will be determined by the eligibility date of your last sabbatical (as long as you have not had a break in service or service adjustment), not the date you took your sabbatical and not your date of hire. For details and examples, refer to the U.S. Sabbatical Policy [PDF].
Planning for your sabbatical
You must take your sabbatical within two years of becoming eligible and you must take it as one continuous period so it's important that you plan ahead. To ensure your work group is prepared for your absence, obtain approval from your manager at least 60 to 90 days in advance.
Submit your sabbatical via Workday prior to your first day out of the office.
- Log in to Workday.
- Select the Time Off and Leave worklet and then select Request Time Off.
- Select the dates that you will be on sabbatical, excluding weekends and Adobe paid holidays.
- Once you have highlighted all the necessary days on the calendar, click Request Time Off.
- Once the screen refreshes, select Sabbatical from the Time Type dropdown menu.
- Daily quantity will default to one (1) day and then select Submit.
There is no approval routing required for this process, however, your manager will receive a notification indicating that you have submitted days for your sabbatical.
If you’re a non-exempt employee, enter your sabbatical on your time card through Workday.
Effects on pay and benefits
- All of your benefits will continue as if you are actively at work.
- You will be paid at your regular salary. If you are an employee on a commission plan and/or are participating in the AIP, you will be paid as if you are actively at work.
- Retirement plan vesting will not be affected.
- Your sabbatical will be extended by the amount of Adobe-paid breaks and holidays that fall during your time away. It will also be extended if you become ill or injured.